Harmonic filtering resistors
ECOMSA filtering resistors are used, together with reactors and capacitors, to reduce and filter unwanted voltage, current and load peaks in filters, offering a solution to distortion problems.
The main characteristics of our resistors are:
- Low variation of the resistance value in high temperature conditions
- Low operating overtemperature
- High reliability
- High internal and grounding insulations
- Specific insulation design to guarantee the integrity of the unit in case of over voltages due to overloads or mains switching
- Excellent high voltage resistance
- High thermal capacity
- Compact design, dimensions can be adjusted according to customer specific requirements
- Cooling fans on request
Crowbar resistors are used to suppress transient or short-term voltage peaks in traction and industrial applications as well as to prevent damage to the frequency inverter circuits connected to the rotor when a mains failure occurs.
Crowbar resistors designed with low inductance, must be powerful enough to limit the rotor short-circuit current and low enough to avoid too high a voltage in the rotor circuit. They can withstand high power loads for limited periods.
They are compact, lightweight, and require very low maintenance, making them very reliable