What are cookies?
Cookies are files that can be downloaded to your computer through web pages. They are essential tools to provide numerous services for the information society. For example, website cookies allow to store and retrieve information about the browsing habits of the user. And also, according to the information obtained, they recognize the user and improve the service offered.
Types of cookies
There are two types of cookies depending on the entity that manages the domain from where the cookies are sent and the data is treated:
- Own cookies are a computer or a domain that sends cookies to the user’s terminal equipment. These cookies allow getting the service requested by the user.
- Third-party cookies are a computer or a domain not managed by the editor who sends the cookies to the user’s terminal equipment by another entity from where the data is processed.
If the cookies are installed from a computer or a domain managed by the editor but the data collected is managed by a third party, they aren’t “Own Cookies”.
There is also a second classification according to the period of time that they remain stored in the client’s browser, also known as:
- Session cookies are designed to collect and store data while the user accesses a web page. They are usually used to store information that is only interested in keeping for the provision of the service requested by the user on a single occasion (for example, a list of products purchased).
- Persistent cookies are the data still stored in the terminal and can be accessed and processed for a period defined by the person responsible for the cookie from a few minutes to several years.
Finally, there is another classification with five types of cookies, according to the purpose of the processed data:
- Technical cookies allow the user to navigate through a web page, platform, or application and the use of different options or services. Such as, for example: controlling traffic and data communication, identifying the session, accessing restricted access parts, remembering the elements that make up an order, carrying out the process of purchasing an order, requesting registration or participation in an event, use security elements while browsing, store content to broadcast videos or sound or share content through social networks.
- Personalization cookies allow the user to access the service with some predefined general characteristics based on a series of criteria in the user’s terminal, such as the language, the type of browser through the access’ service, the configuration regional from where you access the service, etcetera.
- Analysis cookies: they allow the person responsible for them to monitor and analyse the behaviour of the users of the websites to which they are linked. The information collected through this type of cookies is used to measure the activity of the websites, application, or platform and to create navigation profiles of the users of said sites, applications, and platforms, to introduce improvements based on the analysis of the usage data made by the users of the service.
- Advertising cookies: allow the management, in the most efficient way possible, of advertising spaces.
- Behavioural advertising cookies store information on the behaviour of users through the continuous observation of their browsing habits. They allow the development of a specific profile to display advertising based on it.
Deactivation and elimination of cookies
There is the option to allow, block or delete the cookies installed on your computer by configuring the browser options installed on your computer. By deactivating cookies, some of the services available may stop being operational. The way to disable cookies is different for each browser, but it can usually be done from the Tools or Options menu. You can also consult the Help menu of the browser where you can find instructions. The user may at any time choose which cookies he wants to work on this website.
You can allow, block or delete the cookies installed on your computer by configuring the browser options installed on your computer:
- Microsoft Internet Explorer o Microsoft Edge: http://windows.microsoft.com/es-es/windows-vista/Block-or-allow-cookies
- Mozilla Firefox: http://support.mozilla.org/es/kb/impedir-que-los-sitios-web-guarden-sus-preferencia
- Chrome: https://support.google.com/accounts/answer/61416?hl=es
- Safari: http://safari.helpmax.net/es/privacidad-y-seguridad/como-gestionar-las-cookies/
- Opera: http://help.opera.com/Linux/10.60/es-ES/cookies.html
Moreover, you can also manage the cookie store in your browser through tools such as the following:
Cookies used on ECOMSA.COM
Below we publish a list of the cookies used on our website:
|PHPSESSID||Técnica||Identificar y mantener la sesión.||Sesión||Propia|
|_ga||Análisis||Recolección de estadísticas sobre el uso del sitio web por parte de los usuarios||Persistente||Google analytics|
|id||Análisis||Estas cookies son utilizadas por servicios de Google como identificador y para guardar preferencias del usuario para personalizar anuncios.||Persistente||doubleclick.net|
|Conversion||Publicidad comportamental||Esta cookie es utilizada por servicios de Google para calcular conversiones.||Persistente||Google ad services|
Acceptance of the Cookies Policy
Given this information, it is possible to carry out the following actions:
- Accept cookies. This notice will not be displayed again when accessing any page of the portal during this session.
- Close it. The notice is hidden on this page.
- Modify your settings. You can obtain more information about what cookies are, and read the Cookies Policy of [THIS WEB PAGE], and modify the configuration of your browser.
The user who wishes, has the option to prevent the generation of these cookies, accessing the configuration options of the browser that is using:
Google Chrome (in the Tools Menu)
Settings > Show advanced options > Privacy (Content Settings) > Cookies
More information: https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95647?hl=es
Microsoft Internet Explorer (in the Tools Menu)
Internet Options > Privacy > Advanced
More information: http://windows.microsoft.com/es-es/internet-explorer/delete-manage-cookies#ie=ie-9
Options > Privacy > Cookies
More information: http://support.mozilla.org/es/kb/habilitar-y-deshabilitar-cookies-que-los-sitios-we
Safari , iPad y iPhone
Preferences > Privacidad
More information: http://support.apple.com/kb/ht1677?viewlocale=es_ES&locale=es_ES
Configuration > Options > Advanced > Cookies
More information: http://help.opera.com/Linux/10.60/es-ES/cookies.html
Important: Please, carefully read the help section of your browser to learn more about how to activate the “private mode”. You can continue visiting our website even if your browser is in private mode, although your browsing on our website may not be optimal and some utilities may not work correctly.